FSpace Publications is actively investigating its environmental practices and exploring ways to be more sustainable.Initiatives to date:
- Hot water supply is generated using a SolarPeak 20 tube evacuated tube solar water heating system. Pump and controller use less than 2 Amps power.
- Signed up for Bank of New Zealand’s online bank statement scheme, reducing paper usage and carbon footprint in mail delivery. Scheme also involves the planting of a tree for the Motuihe Island Restoration Project.
- The use of a Solio charger to power the company cellphone.
- A 10W solar panel and 12V battery for powering laptop as required
- Our server setup powering this website consumes roughly 40W power.
- Commitment to sell most products as ebooks, or print on demand at client request.
- Business uses waste paper sourced from commercial printing operations
- Business waste is either composted or recycled.
- Surplus equipment and supplies are either sold to new owners, reused in a different context or recycled.
- Daily transport is a mix of walking and public transport.
- Office located in residence of primary developer and shares utilities, furniture and appliances reducing resource usage.
- Entire combined building power usage is classified as a Low Energy Usage by electricity supplier, Empower
- Building is fully insulated (walls, ceiling and floor) to a standard above NZ insulation requirements for the region.
- Main heat source is an energy efficient Mitsubishi heat pump.